Why do we need flavonol antioxidants?
Flavonol or flavonoids are extracts found in certain plants. They are found in vegetables, fruits, nuts, and berries. Flavonols trigger the action of carotenoids and give attractive colors to fruits, vegetables, and berries. There are a number of researches about the benefits of the flavonol antioxidant property and the following are those important health benefits:
- Flavonoids are the best boosters of mood. They perform their action by holding the metallic ions and the radicals required by the cells.
- Research has shown that flavonoids are used to avoid different types of cancer risk in human beings. These are very effective for the removal of cancer cells in the liver.
- The flavonol antioxidants are also present in cocoa which is used to stabilize high blood pressure. Cocoa is also very useful in blood clotting and insulin functionality.
- The cholesterol level of the body is also controlled with the help of flavonol antioxidants. These are present in green tea which helps regulate bodily functions.
- It is used to reduce the risk of heart attack when taken in the form of apples, black tea, or onion. Similarly, they can also help to avoid strokes and heart attacks.
- Flavonols helps to protect your body cells from the dangerous products including cigarette smoke and all other such pollutants.